The 2008 Wisconsin Early Stage Symposium will be held November 5-6 at the Monona Terrace in Madison. Click here to view 2008 conference agenda. “Sprint ahead in the race for private equity” is the theme of the 2008 conference. For more than 20 years, this conference and its predecessors have helped fuel Wisconsin’s high-growth economy by matching investors, companies and entreprenuers.
Features of 2008 conference include:
• Keynote speaker Eric Apfelbach, president and CEO, Virent Energy Systems to speak during the Nov. 5 dinner which will honor the winners of SBIR and STTR grants.
• Keynote speaker, Robert Conn, managing director, Enterprise Partners Venture Capital who will speak the morning of Nov. 6
•The annual “Elevator Pitch Olympics” for very early-stage companies (see below for more information)
• Investor-oriented track for angel-ready companies and beyond, i.e., seeking $500,000 and up in equity financing (see below for more information)
• Entrepreneur workshop to learn and practice investor pitches
• A “First Look Forum” for presenting selected pre-commercial, campus-based discoveries
• A retrospective on University Research Park after 25 years, featuring some principals from the time
• An update on Wisconsin investor tax credits: What are the next steps?
• An invitation-only event for investors hosted by the Wisconsin Angel Network.
The producers of the Wisconsin Early Stage Symposium are looking for cutting-edge companies from Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest to present at our Nov. 5-6 conference at the Monona Terrace Community & Convention Center in Madison, Wis.