The American Jersey Cattle Club (AJCC) Research Foundation has issued a request for research proposals to be funded in 2009 addressing significant issues for the Jersey breed and Jersey milk producers.
Current priorities for research funding are:
* Nutrition of high-producing Jerseys (particularly practical feeding
methods to maximize production of valuable milk components);
* Factors affecting yield of products manufactured from Jersey milk;
* Factors affecting net income, longevity, and lifetime profit;
* Breeding plans to optimize genetic gain while maintaining genetic
* Biological and economic efficiencies of Jerseys; and
* Factors affecting management of Jersey calves.
Application deadline is December 1, 2008. The Research Advisory Committee of the American Jersey Cattle Association will evaluate the proposals, then forward its recommendations to the AJCA Board of Directors, which will award funds at its meeting in March, 2009.
For more information contact:
American Jersey Cattle Association
Cari W. Wolfe
Research and Genetic Program Development
6486 East Main Street
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068-2362
Phone 614/861-3636 Fax 614/861-8040