UNESCO has announced the call for applications for the Fall/Winter 2008 cycle of the U.S. National Commission for the Laura W. Bush Traveling Fellowship, which will help fund a proposal designed by the applicant—a U.S. undergraduate or graduate student between the ages of 18-25—to conduct brief work in a foreign country related to the mandate of UNESCO using education, natural sciences, social and human sciences, culture, or communication and information to build strong ties among nations.
For applicants who will conduct their work from the period between September 2008 and December 2008, the application schedule is as follows:
- June 26 — U.S. National Commission for UNESCO opens call for applications
- August 5, 5 p.m. EST — Deadline for proposals to be received by U.S. National Commission for UNESCO
- Week of August 19 — Subcommittee meeting to produce initial top candidates and conduct phone interviews, as needed
- Week of August 25 — Closed Federal Advisory Committee Act call to determine recommendations of final top candidate and alternates.
- By August 31 — Announcement of recipient(s) by Executive Director of U.S. National Commission for UNESCO
- Early 2009 Recipient(s) provides summary report of experience
More information and proposal forms are available online at www.state.gov/p/io/unesco/103476.htmThis entry was posted in Uncategorized by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.