The College will have several Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowships to award on a College-wide basis for the 2008-09 academic year. We are pleased to issue this call for nominations.
The CALS Academic Planning Council suggested in 1999 that college-wide Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowships be awarded to proven, outstanding students who have shown research excellence in either applied or basic sciences. Eligibility requirements, nomination procedures and materials, and procedures for selection are according to the 2006-07 APC recommendations, detailed as follows:
- Nominations may be submitted by CALS department graduate programs and by any interdepartmental graduate program in which CALS faculty participate. Each program is limited to one nominee. The nominees’ major advisor must have a tenured or tenure-leading appointment in a CALS department.
- Nominees must be Ph.D. candidates who have established dissertator status before the application deadline but who have not exceeded five years in their current graduate studies. In programs where a master of science is the terminal degree, nominees should have completed one year of graduate study as of the beginning of the academic year in which the fellowship would be held.
- Nominees selected will hold the fellowship for one year, September 1, 2008, through August 31, 2009.
- Nomination materials should include the application cover page (see attachment), the students curriculum vita, the students graduate transcript, a one-page research project description written for a non-specialist by the candidate, and a nomination letter from the major advisor. Research publications that are submitted, in press, or published may be added to the nomination package.
- Nominations will be reviewed by a three-member panel selected from among faculty members on the CALS Academic Planning Council. The panel will recommend recipients to the Dean.
- FOUR copies of the nomination are due Friday, March 28, 2008, in 146 Agricultural Hall, CALS Research Division.
Please contact Irwin Goldman (5-5274 firstname.lastname@example.org) or Carol Hillmer (5-5495 email@example.com) if you have questions about the nomination process. We look forward to receiving outstanding nominations for the college-wide Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowships.This entry was posted in Calls to nominate, Research by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.