DoIT will be performing a variety of important maintenance procedures on the campus infrastructure on Sunday, Jan. 6 and then again on Sunday, Jan 13. Campus should not plan on having access to the affected systems during their specific outage windows.
JANUARY 6, 2008 MAINTENANCE:
Network Infrastructure: Midnight – 8 a.m.
Storage Infrastructure: 5:30 a.m. – noon
This maintenance will specifically impact:
- WiscCal, MyUW and WiscMail/WiscMail Plus web interface (although you should still be able to access your email through Eudora, Thunderbird, Treo (VersaMail), Apple Mail during this time frame)
- D2L Testing
- DoIT CBS
- DoIT LAN
- NWServices (Admissions Email, Dermatology File Sharing)
- VMWare (and attendant virtual hosts)
- Web Hosting
Database Infrastructure: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
This maintenance will specifically impact the Oracle database UWP1, affecting:
- CHRIS (Classified Human Resources Info Systems)
- DoIT Tech Store
- DoIT Web Site
- ISIS central communication Web site
- NetID activation/modification/deactivation
- PVL system
- Wisconsin Union Event Calendar
- Various departmental web applications and resources including the CALS ARS content management system
- For a full list of affected UWP1 services, see: http://kb.doit.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=840.
JANUARY 13, 2008 MAINTENANCE:
Server infrastructure: 6 – 11 a.m.
My UW-Madison: 6 – 11 a.m.
Please contact Charlene Krembs if you have any questions.
Director, CALS Administrative Computing Services
The full article about the maintenance outage can be found on the DoIT website at: https://www.doit.wisc.edu/news/story.asp?filename=944This entry was posted in Uncategorized by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.