The 2008 Corn Conference meetings, sponsored by UW-Extension and the Wisconsin Corn Growers Association, will be held Jan. 10, 21 and 22 in Rice Lake, Johnson Creek and Richland Center. These conferences are designed to provide technical insight and practical advice to improve on-farm results. The meetings use the latest information available from university and industry research to help producers raise a crop with maximum yield, quality and profitability. The program is an in-depth learning experience with an opportunity to interact with corn production experts and fellow growers.All three meetings will cover identical topics, which include:
- The new economics of corn production
- Marketing strategies for corn producers
- “Saving a buck” or “Growing another bushel” – What is your approach?
- Producer tips for successful corn production
- What the Wisconsin Corn Growers Associations are working on (ethanol, DDGs, etc.).
Sessions start at 9:30 a.m. and conclude at 3:45 p.m. The dates and locations of meetings are:
- Jan. 10, Rice Lake, Turtleback Country Club, West Allen Street and U.S. 53. To register, contact Barron County UW-Extension office at 715-537-6250.
- Jan. 21, Johnson Creek, Comfort Suites, 725 Paradise Lane and Interstate 94. To register, contact Dodge County UW-Extension office at 920-386-3790.
- Jan. 22, Richland Center, Ramada Inn and Whitehouse Banquets, 1450 Veterans Drive, U.S. 14. To register, contact Richland County UW-Extension office at 608-647-6148.
The registration deadline for Rice Lake is Jan. 7. The registration deadline for Johnson Creek and Richland Center is Jan. 15. There is a registration fee of $5 per participant. The fee includes a packet of meeting materials, refreshments for breaks and lunch. To register, please contact the UW-Extension office hosting that conference.
For more information, please contact Joe Lauer, 608-263-7438, email@example.com