Grants for research visits to Germany

The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers grants for one to three months in all academic disciplines to scholars at U.S. and Canadian institutions of higher education to pursue research at universities, libraries, archives, institutes or laboratories in Germany. Grants are awarded for specific research projects and cannot be used for travel only, attendance at conferences or conventions, editorial meetings, lecture tours or extended guest professorships.

Scholars at United States or Canadian universities or research institutions who hold the Ph.D. (or equivalent) and have been working in research or teaching full time for at least two years after receipt of the doctorate are eligible.

Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada. German nationals must have been affiliated with a United States or Canadian institution in full-time employment for at least six consecutive years.

For more information: