New application materials are currently available at www.ed.gov/programs/iegpsfra/index.html. This is an entirely electronic submission system, although the Research Division requests one hard copy of your application. Your application must be submitted electronically through e-grants.ed.gov by noon on Monday, October 22. The FRA is an institutional grant program; the UW-Madison applies on your behalf. The official Closing Date of October 31, 2007, is the deadline for the UW-Madison. Monday, October 22 is the deadline for faculty to submit electronically. These applications will be forwarded by Dr. Erin Crawley to US Dept. of Education after completion of institutional forms BEFORE the closing date of October 31.
1. The deadline for receipt of the application and Statement of Institutional Support, Foreign Language Evaluation, and Word doc of Human Subjects Narrative (if your proposal involves human subjects or will require IRB review) is 12 PM, Monday, October 22, 2007. This will be an electronic submission. The Statement is usually written by the Department Chair. The Word doc of human subjects narrative should be sent as email attachment to Erin Crawley at email@example.com.
2. Please also submit one hard copy of your application to my office 328 Ingraham Hall by October 22.
3. Read carefully the Instructions for Faculty in the e-application before filling out the application. Each item on the application form has an explanation in this section.
4. To activate an award, you will need to acquire a research visa for each country involved in your study. Grant recipients must secure research permits and visas; this is not done by the Fellowships Office, or any other office on campus or in DC.
5. Rates for all international travel estimates and excess baggage allowances should be based on commercial jet economy high season rates. They may be obtained from your travel agent or air carrier. U.S. flag carriers must be used whenever possible. All travel arrangements must conform to the Fly America Act. Requests for excess baggage allowance must be justified.
6. The terms of the Fulbright-Hays Fellowship maintenance stipend is based on your annual academic year salary at time of application (excluding summer salary, anticipated increases or benefits)p. 55 in application instructions. So it is the equivalent of your salary for a 9 month period, and does not provide any funds to cover fringe costs (e.g., health and life insurance, retirement, etc.). In order to cover the equivalent (and significant) fringe costs during the period of your grant, you should apply to the Graduate School Research Committee for research support. For more information, please contact Jim Knickmeyer (2-5801) or Steve Schwoegler (2-8386).
If you experience any technical difficulties with the electronic application, please contact the e-application help desk, 1-888-336-8930 Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Washington DC time. Dr. Crawley cannot help with any electronic system difficulties.This entry was posted in Research by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.