The Innovation & Economic Development Research program (formerly Industrial & Economic Development Research Program) promotes and advances UW-Madison research that benefits Wisconsin’s economy. The Grad School invites proposals for fiscal year 2008-2009 that focus on research that is technically innovative, of interest to a broad economic sector, and has a high potential to benefit Wisconsin’s industrial and economic development in the near term. All faculty and academic staff members who will be in residence on the Madison campus during the period of the research support are eligible to apply.
Recent program changes:
- New name better reflects the nature of the program and our business collaborators
- Simplified application requirements – a briefer proposal
- Maximum award is now $50,000
- Tuition remission is charged to IEDR grants
IEDR grants allow UW-Madison to engage in innovative research, generate additional private-sector and public-sector support for their research programs, and promote technology transfer between the university and industry. The majority of IEDR grants are awarded as seed money to support early stages of applied research.
Those interested should be aware of these deadlines:
- Notice of Intent to submit a proposal deadline (web site closes): September 30, 2007
- Application web site opens: Monday, October 1, 2007
- Proposal deadline: 12:00 noon, Wednesday, November 7, 2007
To download information about the IEDR program and the application instructions, visit the IEDR web site: http://info.gradsch.wisc.edu/research/researchfunding/IEDR.html
Applicants are required to send a Notice of Intent to apply using the on-line form at this web site: https://my.gradsch.wisc.edu/gc/iedr/index.html
For more information, contact: Program Manager: Jane Sherwood, program manager, 263-7274, email@example.com or associate dean Irwin Goldman, who serves as technology transfer representative for CALS, at 265-5274 or firstname.lastname@example.orgThis entry was posted in Research by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.