Researchers and grad students with an interest in organic agriculture are invited attend an August 30 workshop on conducting organic research on Agricultural Research Stations and on growers’ fields. The workshop will be held on the Arlington Agricultural Research Station immediately preceding the station’s Organic Field Day. It is geared toward researchers, Extension agricultural agents, and research station personnel. Please r.s.v.p. to Erin Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 890-150 before August 27 if you plan to attend.
The agenda is as follows:
- 10:45 a.m. Check-in and welcome
- 11:00 a.m. The organic transition process (Kathleen Delate, Iowa
- State University)
- 11:30 a.m. Organic certification for research stations (Jim Riddle, University of Minnesota)
- Noon Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. Weed management and other production challenges (Jed Colquhoun, UW-Madison)
- 1:15 p.m. Working with organic farmers (Harriet Behar, MOSES)
- 1:45 p.m. Coordinating research needs with organic requirements: panel and open discussion (Eileen Cullen, Kevin Shelley, Kathleen Delate,Janet Haedtke)
- 2:30 p.m. Adjourn
The Organic Field Day will then begin at 3:00.This entry was posted in Uncategorized by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.