No-cost extensions need to route to CALS and and UW-Madison Research and Sponsored Programs for review/approval prior to submission to extramural sponsors. The request should be prepared as a letter on departmental letterhead including the following information:
- agency project number
- principal investigator name
- project title
- UW-Madison fund-account number
- award period (begin and end dates)
- new requested end date
- PI contact information
- signatures from the principal investigator, Dean’s office, and RSP
- clear justification statement
- summary of progress to date
- estimate of funds remaining
- timetable for completion
A letter template is available at http://www.rsp.wisc.edu/awardmgt/nocost.html
Note: A no-cost extension must be requested in advance of the end date of the award based on agency requirements.
FYI: NSF requests must be submitted via NSF FastLane. PIs should submit NSF requests by email to CALS Research Division (email@example.com) for review/approval and uploading into FastLane for submission.