Are you a regular user of Agricola, the National Agricultural Library’s bibliographic database? If so, you may want to compare it to CAB Abstracts. Both CAB Abstracts and Agricola are important databases for agricultural literature, but Agricola has been “re-scoped,” drastically reducing the number of journals it indexes.
A comparison of the lists of journals and other series indexed by these two databases yielded the following results:
- Titles in Both Databases: 409
- Titles Unique to Agricola: 197
- Titles Unique to CAB Abstracts: 7111
Because of these changes, Agricola users may want to give CAB Abstracts a try.
- To Search CAB Abstracts link to http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.web/cab
(Tip: To limit your results in CAB to items about the United States, use the “advanced” search, then search for Term: USA In: Geographic Names (GE) )
- To Search Agricola link to http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.web/agricola
For more information,
or contact Beverly Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.