CALS undergraduates who fulfill the following requirements may now apply for the new CALS International Certificate:
- Complete CALS foreign language requirements.
- Complete at least six credits of international studies courses from a Course list provided by CALS
- Have knowledge of cultural differences and attitudes and would have demonstrated this knowledge through paper(s) and/or presentation(s).
- Participate in a minimum of two weeks spent on a study abroad program or internship in another country. It must be preceded or followed by a course relating to that country or its region. The student might choose one, two-week tour or might choose two tours of a week or more.
The certificate is a new recognition of moderate international proficiency. The international BS degree is still available to students who demonstrate greater proficiency by fulfilling the following set of requirements:
- Students must take or pass out of one language skills course beyond the CALS minimum.
- Complete at least 12 credits of international study courses from a list provided by CALS.
- Conduct an in depth study of a country or region (could be completed through coursework or study abroad)
- While enrolled as a student, study or work in another country or region for at least eight weeks. Work would have to have some relationship to the students major
- Prepare a report on the students experiences in the country visited