A letter has been sent to department chairs and selected center directors about a survey of information technology support and services in CALS departments and selected centers. Three teams of interviewers will be contacting units during the month of January. Their mission is to learn how each unit staffs and budgets for computer and networking support.
One goal of the project is to inventory how these services are managed at the unit level with an eye toward identifying best practices and opportunities for efficiency. Another is to learn about the challenges each unit anticipates in providing continuing and improved services to its faculty and staff. Results of the survey will be presented at a monthly meeting of department chairs.
Members of the teams include:
- Stuart Baker, Plant Pathology and Entomology
- Jason Pursian, Landscape Architecture and Life Science Communication
- Math Heinzel, Land Information and Computer Graphics
- Tom Tabone, CALS Academic Computing
- Charlene Krembs, CALS Administrative Computing
- Frank Kooistra, CALS Administration