Academic staff: You need Limited PI status to be listed as PI

Attention Academic Staff (i.e., Researchers, Scientists, Outreach Specialists, Emeritus appointees, etc.): If you intend to submit proposals on which you want be named as the Principal Investigator (PI), you must hold Permanent or Limited PI Status. In addition, if you intend to be the PI of record on a subaccount under another individual’s award, you also must hold Permanent or Limited PI Status. Limited PI Status can be granted on a one-time project basis or as a blanket approval for a period of up to three years. Information and the necessary application forms are available on the CALS Research Division website at Applications require Department/Center review and approval prior to submitting to CALS Research Division.