This photo contest is part of a national agricultural research and extension project based at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and funded by USDA NIFA [AFRI Sustainable Agricultural Systems Coordinated Agricultural Project (SAS-CAP) grant no. 2021-68012-35917]. We’re seeking photographs from within the U.S. that illustrate thriving, resilient agriculture featuring perennial crops and forages. Winning photos will appear in public communications, scientific articles, and school curriculum about agricultural resilience. We’re interested in outstanding compositions that tell the story of agricultural resilience involving perennial crops and forages, diverse pastures, and the integration of livestock in these production systems.
Here is some basic information about the contest:
- We’re seeking high-quality images portraying key concepts of crop diversity, perennial crops, integrated forage-livestock systems, and circular systems of soil nutrient cycling.
- We want images from a variety of scales, from close-up to landscape.
- Anyone can participate!
- Prizes will be awarded for adults and youth.
- First-place winners receive $50 gift cards.
- Post-production is acceptable, within limits.
- Winning images will be used on the RCAP public website, and in extension publications and presentations.
- Winning images become copyright of the RCAP.
- Anyone within the RCAP may use the winning images for RCAP-related publications and presentations.
- Deadline has been extended to Nov. 30.
For submission guidelines and evaluation criteria, please see this flyer.