The CALS community is invited to attend the inaugural CALS Investiture Ceremony that will honor eight department and college level professorships named in 2022. The ceremony will take place Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 4 p.m. in Memorial Union’s Great Hall. A reception will be held following the ceremony.
An investiture is a significant, formal ceremony that honors faculty who have been appointed to named professorships and recognizes the generous donors who made the appointments possible.
The ceremony will honor:
- Nick J. Balster, William A. Rothermel Bascom Professorship in Soil Science, Department of Soil Science
- Kaiping Chen, Burkhardt Seed Grant Professorship, Department of Life Sciences Communication
- Daniel J. Phaneuf, Taylor Professorship in Agricultural and Applied Economics, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Guanming Shi, Renk Chair in Agribusiness, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Erin M. Silva, Clif Bar Endowed Chair in Organic Agriculture and Outreach, Department of Plant Pathology
- Michael R. Sussman, Salm-Bray Distinguished Chair, Department of Biochemistry
- Kent Weigel, Crown Chair in Dairy Genetics, Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences
- Milo C. Wiltbank, Crown Chair in Physiology, Nutrition and Management, Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences
Please note that this event takes the place of the professorship acknowledgement portion of the CALS Awards program.