The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period started September 27 and runs through October 22. This is your annual opportunity to enroll in or make changes to most of your benefits. Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2022.
Plan now so you are ready for the enrollment period. Find all of the ABE resources on the ABE web page.
- Review your current benefit enrollments in the Benefit Information module in MyUW Portal
- Visit the ABE web page for the 2022 benefit plan changes and ABE resources:
- Annual Benefits Enrollment Highlights video for an overview of benefit changes for 2022
- Department of Employee Trust Funds Health Benefits Decision Guide
- Virtual Benefit Session schedule
- Use ALEX, your virtual online benefits counselor. ALEX walks you through your options and suggests benefit plans based on your answers to a series of questions.
- You must enroll is these plans each year to participate:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, Dependent Day Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA) is required if you enroll in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- State Group Health Insurance Opt-Out Incentive
- You may be eligible to enroll in, change, or cancel coverage for the plans listed below. For some plans you can add or remove dependents. Visit the ABE web page for additional information and premiums for each plan.
- State Group Health Insurance
- Uniform, Preventive and Supplemental Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Individual & Family Life Insurance (current enrollees only)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, and Dependent Day Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Beginning September 27, self-enroll on MyUW portal
- All enrollments and changes must be submitted by 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 22, 2021.
You will receive an e-mail within 24-48 hours with instructions on viewing your Confirmation Statement for elections effective January 1, 2022. Review your statement for accuracy.
For more information on benefit plans and premiums, visit the ABE web page.