Midpoint Conversations, which evaluate employee performance from January 1 through June 30, 2021 are due September 30, 2021.
The following resources are available to assist you and your employees in documenting your midpoint conversations within the Performance Management Development Program (PMDP):
- Job aid: A step-by-step Midpoint Conversation Job Aid document is available at https://hr.wisc.edu/docs/pmdp/midpoint-conversation-job-aid.pdf
- Webinar: An online webinar was created by Office of Talent Management in the Office of Human Resources.
Conducting performance evaluations are important:
- University of Wisconsin–Madison is committed to supporting all employees to meet their career and professional goals, as well as supporting the university’s need to maintain a high-performing workforce.
- Performance management is comprised of frequent informal conversations consisting of coaching, feedback, and support to employees about their work, needs, and accomplishments related to the duties and expectations of their positions.
- They are required by UW-Madison Performance Management for Managers and Supervisors Policy
Conducting performance evaluations during the COVID-19 pandemic are important:
- The COVID-19 pandemic is requiring flexibility and rapid response to change. The importance of frequent communication between supervisors and employees is at an unprecedented level. Consistency in processes like performance management are crucial to maintaining engagement and normalcy to this otherwise unsettling time.
- PMDP is fully accessible via NetID login and DUO authentication. Employees who are working remotely can continue to access and use PMDP to record formal performance management documentation
The following resources are available to assist you in supervising remotely:
- Supervising in a hybrid work environment: https://hr.wisc.edu/managers-and-supervisors/supervising-remotely/
- Leading teams during disruption: https://hr.wisc.edu/managers-and-supervisors/leading-teams-during-disruption/
- Tech resources for working and learning remotely: https://it.wisc.edu/learn/guides/resources-for-working-remotely/
Need assistance? Please contact the HR Manager assigned to your unit.