The Wisconsin Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC) is hosting a team-building workshop on Sept. 17 from 9 am to 1 pm for its upcoming recompetition proposal. The workshop will include an overview of the Center, pitches for prospective Center research thrusts from lead PIs, and opportunities for faculty to pitch their skills and interests as potential team members. Lunch will be provided. To register, please fill out the form at
Participation from faculty members new to campus and interested in materials research, broadly construed, is particularly encouraged. Come meet colleagues interested in materials from across campus and discover opportunities for collaboration!
MRSEC research thrusts address grand challenges in materials research. More information about the center is available at mrsec.wisc.edu and the internal call for proposals for research thrusts is attached. New thrust concepts currently being developed include:
- Topological metamaterials and defects
- Dynamics in flexible crystal membranes
- Materials sustainability under extreme conditions
- Sustainable polymer materials
- Hybrid perovskite materials and heterostructures
- Materials challenges in catalysis
- Organic and inorganic glasses and liquids
Thrust pitches will be made by:
- Adrien Couet, Engineering Physics
- Randall Goldsmith, Chemistry
- Song Jin, Chemistry
- Jason Kawasaki, Materials Science and Engineering
- Others, yet to be announced!