The College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) has selected the 2021-22 graduate fellowship recipients. The College would like to thank the donors for making these awards possible and the selection committees that reviewed the nominations.
The Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association established the Wisconsin Potato Industry Board Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowship to support a graduate student who demonstrates excellence in research in the areas of ground water resources research or potato research. The recipient of the 2021-22 award is:
- Trevor Crosby, Department of Horticulture Graduate Program, Major Advisor – Yi Wang, Department of Horticulture
The estate of Elsa Thomsen established the Louis and Elsa Thomsen Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowships to support graduate students who demonstrate excellence in research. Four fellowships will be awarded for 2021-22. The recipients include:
- Emily Britt, Interdepartmental Graduate Program in Nutritional Sciences, Major Advisor – Jing Fan, Department of Nutritional Sciences
- Lindsay Chamberlain, Department of Agronomy Graduate Program, Major Advisor – Shawn Conley, Department of Agronomy
- Neil Gilbert, Wildlife Ecology Graduate Program, Major Advisor – Benjamin Zuckerberg, Department of Forest & Wildlife Ecology
- Jin Yang, Microbiology Doctoral Training Program, Major Advisor – Jade Wang, Department of Bacteriology
Jack & Marion Goetz established the Jack & Marion Goetz Graduate Fellowship in Agricultural & Life Sciences to support excellence in graduate student research with emphasis on genetics and general environmental research at the agricultural research stations. The recipients of the 2021-22 awards include:
- Benjamin Iuliano, Integrative Biology (Zoology) Graduate Program, Major Advisor – Claudio Gratton, Department of Entomology
- Andrew Steinberger, Microbiology Doctoral Training Program, Major Advisor – Garret Suen, Department of Bacteriology
Congratulations to all of the recipients of these CALS awards.