Lunchtime yoga session for CALS employees – Feb. 9

The CALS Wellness Committee is happy to be hosting a RecWell Lunchtime Workplace yoga workout for CALS employees on Tuesday, February 9 from 11:45am-12:45pm via Zoom.  With yoga, you develop body awareness, strength, flexibility, and balance while you realign the body and cultivate a peaceful mind. February is great timing for a session like this – given the long winter months and COVID. Please consider joining us for this session!

There is no fee for the session as the CALS Wellness Committee is funding the session. If you have any questions, please contact Kristin Carroll at kristin.carroll@wisc.edu.

There is no need to register in advance. Just click on the hyperlink below on Feb. 9 to join the workout via Zoom.

*******************************************************

Please note: Do not start this fitness program if your physician or health care provider advises against it, or if you have a medical or physical condition that may increase your risk of injury or death. If you experience faintness, dizziness, pain or shortness of breath at any time while exercising you should stop immediately. Please be sure to check that any equipment or space in which you use to exercise is safe and not at risk of causing harm to you or those who may be around you. Programming is intended for audiences 18 and older.

Assumption of Risks:

I understand that physical activity and participation related to CRC Yoga, by its very nature, carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries and illnesses. Some of these involve strenuous exertions of strength using various muscle groups, some involve quick movement involving speed and change of direction, and others involve sustained physical activity, which places stress on the cardiovascular system and exposure to infectious disease. The specific risks vary from one activity to another, but in each activity the risks range from: 1) minor injuries and illness such as sprains, strains, and bruises, to 2) major injuries and illness such as contusions, fractures, internal injuries, respiratory and circulatory/cardiovascular events and complications, concussions, joint or back injuries, other musculoskeletal damages and injuries, and severe illness, to 3) catastrophic injuries and illnesses including paralysis and death. I understand that the university has advised me to seek the advice of my physician before participating in this activity. I understand that I have been advised to have health and accident insurance in effect and that no such coverage is provided for me by the University or the State of Wisconsin. I KNOW, UNDERSTAND, AND APPRECIATE THE RISKS THAT ARE INHERENT IN THE ABOVE-LISTED PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES.

BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO JOIN THE VIRTUAL FITNESS PROGRAM I HEREBY ASSERT THAT MY PARTICIPATION IS VOLUNTARY AND THAT I KNOWINGLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS.

**********************************************************

We hope you can join us for this fun fitness event sponsored by the CALS Wellness Committee!