This message provides information on recent decisions, policies and procedures related to UW-Madison’s response to COVID-19.
It is being sent to deans, vice chancellors, department chairs, governance leads, Administrative Council, Leadership Council, University Relations Council, VCFA directors, ASM leadership, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Council members and the Provost’s Executive Group.
Please share this information with those who would benefit from receiving it.
Monday, Jan. 11:
- University Housing sent an email to undergraduate students who plan to live in the residence halls spring semester. Information included reminders for move-in day sign-up, returning to campus safely and COVID-19 testing requirements.
Tuesday, Jan. 12:
- Inside UW included an article on the first vaccinations administered by UHS and updates on saliva-based COVID-19 testing which began this week.
Wednesday, Jan. 13:
- The weekly COVID-19 update shared information on UW’s expanded testing requirements for the spring semester and the Safer Badgers app. Separate messages were sent to undergraduate students, professional and graduate students and faculty and staff. The information was also shared in Working at UW and The Weekly.
- The Parent and Family Program hosted a virtual town hall sharing expectations for the spring semester. The event was moderated by Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Dr. Lori Reesor and was streamed on YouTube and Facebook.
Friday, Jan. 15:
- An all campus message was sent to further clarify how to reduce the chances of a saliva sample being rejected by the COVID-19 testing lab.
- University Housing sent an email to undergraduate residents and their families with details on COVID-19 testing requirements and what to expect when returning to campus.
- Campus news promoted an article on this week’s top COVID-19/Safer Badgers questions. The information was also shared on social media.