The Wisconsin Agricultural and Life Sciences Alumni Association (WALSAA) continued its proud tradition of promoting student excellence at the University of Wisconsin–Madison with the 2020 WALSAA Outstanding Sophomore Awards.
On April 6, WALSAA announced 10 sophomore students will receive a $2,000 scholarship. Countless applicants participated in a rigorous prescreening process focused equally on academic achievement, campus involvement/leadership, community service and relevant experience. Twenty four students were selected to interview in front of a panel of three WALSAA members, and 10 final recipients were selected based on interview performance.
WALSAA’s 2020 Outstanding Sophomore recipients include:
• Jared Baudhuin; Brussels, Wisconsin; Dairy science
• Ronni Brent; Chicago, Illinois; Microbiology
• Madison Castle; Bayside, Wisconsin; Genetics and genomics
• Asha Jain; Middleton, Wisconsin; Biochemistry
• Caitlin Kestell; Bear Creek, Wisconsin; Genetics and genomics
• Nikita Piryani; Mequon, Wisconsin; Biology
• Grace Puc; Downers Grove, Illinois; Environmental science
• Olivia Pusch; Rubicon, Wisconsin; Animal science
• Mia Roccaro; Staten Island, New York; Animal science
• Katherine Satori; Manitowoc, Wisconsin; Biochemistry
WALSAA is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports the connection of students, faculty and alumni to the University of Wisconsin’s College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, known as CALS. Established in 1972, WALSAA has embarked on a remarkable journey of service and fellowship with alumni and friends of CALS. For more information on WALSAA visit www.WALSAA.org.