Due to COVID-19 pandemic-related event cancelations, all 2020 Worker Protection Standard (WPS) safety training has moved online.
The Worker Protection Standard (WPS) safety training for field pesticides is for Agricultural Research Station users. A federal regulation requires that all UW faculty, staff, students or LTEs who will be doing field research receive this training once a year. The WPS is designed to reduce the risk of pesticide exposure and illness. For more information on WPS, please visit the Pesticide Educational Resources Collaborative website.
The following WebEx sessions are available:
- April 22, 9-10 a.m.
- April 22, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- April 23, 9-10 a.m.
- April 23, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
More sessions will be added throughout the month of May. Check back periodically.
To register for a session, register through the OHRD catalog.
Other key points:
- If you are a certified pesticide applicator, you are exempt from WPS training.
- If you intend to apply restricted-use pesticides, you must be certified as a pesticide applicator. WPS training is not a substitute for applicator training.
- These sessions are NOT designed for those who work in the greenhouses. For WPS greenhouse training, contact Lynn Hummel at Walnut Street Greenhouse (email@example.com).
If you have any questions or cannot attend any of the sessions, please contact Nick Genovese at 608-890-3894 or firstname.lastname@example.org.