Are you or your colleagues helping to plan an upcoming professional conference? Our research has found that direct spending costs for university-related professional conferences can exceed $1 million—so why not keep the benefits close to home? Hosting conferences in Madison can have a huge economic impact on local and campus business, improving the area’s resident income, job creation, and tax revenue.
Recognizing this missed opportunity, University Relations is partnering with Destination Madison on the Bring Your Meeting Home initiative, which provides support and incentives for UW employees to organize large meetings/conferences in Madison that will mutually benefit the university and local business.
Here’s how it works: if you’re interested in arranging a future conference in Madison, contact Destination Madison at (608) 255-2537. They’ll help you prepare and bolster your host bid with available accommodations and Madison selling points. If the association is interested, Destination Madison will work directly with you and the association to book and plan the event. Better yet? For your effort, Destination Madison will directly return $10,000–$15,000 in profits to support your unit.
Destination Madison’s experienced teams can provide the following event services at no cost:
- Bid management: customized, competitive bids to host a conference
- Venue exploration: planners are available to help you find a perfect venue (note: requires usage of Monona Terrace, Alliant Energy Center, or another facility with approved exception)
- Accommodations: hotel selection and room block management
- Site visits: organized tours led by Destination Madison experts
- Vendor selection: connect planners with local vendors
To find out more and to see event criteria, visit https://www.visitmadison.com/badger-connection/ or contact Destination Madison.