Four (more) FAQs about the Title and Total Compensation project

In preparing for the next phase of the Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project, please see the information below, and last week’s FAQs, about your job title.

Why doesn’t my job have levels?
Some jobs in the new job framework have levels, but most do not. Job levels are only created when there are significant differences in duties that need to be called out, such as differences in scope, complexity and impact to the organization. Job levels are also created based on market standards.

Even if your job does not have levels, you will still have opportunity to progress. Your growth in experience and expertise over time will be recognized through progression in your salary range.

I have a senior prefix currently, why does my new job title not have the senior prefix?
In the new job framework, every title is associated with a unique set of responsibilities. Employees with the same job will have the same title. Level of experience in a job will be recognized through position in the salary range and business title. For example, a less experienced employee will have the same title as a seasoned employee, but the seasoned employee may have a higher salary than the new employee and may use a senior prefix in their business title.

Are title series going away?
Title series refer to the progression through title prefixes (e.g., associate to no prefix to senior, or entry to objective to advanced). At the implementation of the TTC Project, official job titles will not have prefix series, but employees will still have many ways to advance in their career.

Will I keep my “Distinguished” prefix in my title?
Yes. If you have received a Distinguished title, you will maintain that designation in your business title. The application and evaluation process for Distinguished title will continue.

Additional Resources and FAQs can be found on the TTC website.