Have you heard about the Title and Total Compensation project? Do you know how it will affect you? Do you know that your job title is probably about to change? Are you ready to have a conversation with your supervisor about your new Position Description? Do you understand how promotion will work after March 1st, 2020? Do you know what “progression” means in the post-TTC world? Do you know when the Standard Job Descriptions will be available for you to review?
If, like many Academic Staff members, you are unsure (or less-than-confident) about answering these questions, we’ve gathered some useful resources to help you prepare:
- For all things TTC – bookmark the TTC website, and check regularly for updates: https://hr.wisc.edu/title-and-total-compensation-study/.
- Attend one of the November Forums (https://hr.wisc.edu/title-and-total-compensation-study/home/events/):
- Mon, Nov 11 at 9-10:30 a.m. School of Nursing
- Tues, Nov. 12 at 9-10:30 a.m. Union South – multilingual (English, Spanish, Tibetan, Mandarin, Nepali)
- Tues, Nov. 12 at 1-2:30 p.m. Gordon Dining Event Center
- Wed, Nov. 13 to Thurs, Nov. 14 at 11 p.m.-12:30 a.m., Health Sciences Learning Center (HSLC) – multilingual and late-night (English, Spanish, Hmong, Tibetan, Mandarin, Nepali)
- Thurs, Nov. 14 at 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. HSLC
- Wed, Nov. 20 at 11:30-1 p.m., online forum – session link: hr.wisc.edu/ttc-live
- If you need ASL interpretation or other accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Review the attached handouts, which show:
- SJD and PD: describes the differences between the Standard Job Descriptions developed by OHR, and your individual Position Description
- Progression and Promotion: outlines what “progression” is, and how promotion will work in the post-TTC world
- Prepare for Employee and Supervisor Engagement: outlines the steps you can take to prepare for this important conversation
- For a slide show laying out the differences between a task and a responsibility, click here: https://hr.wisc.edu/training/ttc/task-vs-responsibility/story_html5.html
- For the attachments, and other useful resources, click here: https://hr.wisc.edu/title-and-total-compensation-study/resources/
If you have questions about TTC, contact email@example.com. All emails are logged and responded to in a timely manner.
If you still have questions, you can reach out to your Academic Staff Assembly representative and ask them to bring those concerns to the Academic Staff Assembly meeting on November 11th.
If contacting your ASA Rep is not an option for you, please contact a member of ASEC.