The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period is September 30 – October 25, 2019. ABE is your annual opportunity to make changes to most of your benefits unless you have an eligible life event. The time to act is now before the ABE period ends on October 25, 2019. Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2020.
- Review your current benefits and visit the ABE website for 2020 benefits changes.
- Confirm that the doctors, clinics and hospitals you currently use will still be in-network in 2020 for the plan you select. You may view a list of providers by using the Health Plan Search on the Department of Employee Trust Funds’ It’s Your Choice website.
- The following benefit plans require that you enroll each year to participate. If you would like to participate in one of these plans, you will need to enroll/re-enroll through Self Service:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, Dependent Day Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA) is required each year you are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- State Group Health Insurance Opt-Out Incentive
- Use ALEX, your online personalized benefits counselor, for help with your ABE decisions. ALEX walks you through your options and suggests benefit plans based on your answers to a series of questions.
You may be eligible to enroll in, change, increase, decrease or cancel coverage for the plans listed below. For some plans you can add or remove dependents. Visit the ABE website for additional information and premiums for each plan.
- State Group Health Insurance
- Uniform Dental
- Preventive Dental Insurance (new plan)
- Supplemental Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Individual & Family Life Insurance (current enrollees only)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Accident Insurance (new plan)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, and Dependent Day Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
How to Make Elections
Use Self Service to make your elections online:
You will receive an e-mail within 24 hours with instructions on how to view your Confirmation Statement for coverage effective January 1, 2020. Review your Confirmation Statement to ensure your elections are accurate.
Don’t miss your chance to enroll in or make changes to your benefits for 2020! All benefit elections must be submitted by 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 25, 2019. If you have questions, contact your human resources office.