The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period, September 30 – October 25, is your annual opportunity to enroll in or make changes to most of your benefits unless you have an eligible life event. Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2020. Plan now so you are ready for the enrollment period.
- Review your current benefits and visit the ABE website for 2020 benefits changes.
- Attend your Benefits Fair to meet with benefit plan vendors.
- The following benefit plans require that you enroll each year to participate. If you would like to participate in one of these plans, you will need to enroll/re-enroll through Self Service:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, Dependent Day Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA) requires you to re-enroll every year you are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- State Group Health Insurance Opt-Out Incentive
- Use ALEX, your online personalized benefits counselor to help with your ABE decisions. ALEX walks you through your options and suggests benefit plans based on your answers to a series of questions.
- Do you want to enroll or make changes to your medical, dental or vision coverage?
- Do you want to contribute pre-tax dollars to help pay for out-of-pocket expenses?
Once the Annual Benefits Enrollment period begins on September 30, make your 2020 benefits elections using Self Service via the MyUW portal. All enrollments and changes must be completed by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 25, 2019.