Mark your calendar for the Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period, September 30 – October 25. This is your annual opportunity to make changes to most of your benefits unless you have an eligible life event. Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2020.
Watch for ABE email notifications. Emails will be sent beginning in mid-September from UWSystemHR@uwsa.edu. You may also receive benefits-related emails from our office before and during ABE.
To prepare for ABE:
- Review your current benefits.
- If you currently participate in one or more of these, consider if you would like to re-enroll for the 2020 plan year. The following plans require re-enrollment each year:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, Dependent Day Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA) requires you to re-enroll every year you are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- State Group Health Insurance Opt-Out Incentive
- Visit the ABE Website for a preview of 2020 benefits changes.
- Use ALEX, your online personalized benefits counselor for help with your ABE decisions. ALEX walks you through your options and suggests benefit plans based on your answers to a series of questions.
- Attend UW–Madison’s Benefits Fair on October 8 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Union South to meet with benefit plan vendors. For a list of fairs throughout the UW System, see: UW System Benefits Fairs.