The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine is accepting applications for the 2020 Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs. Through its Fellowship Programs, the Ford Foundation seeks to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, to maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and to increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
- U. S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), as well as individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) program1, political asylees, and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors or other designations)
- Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in a research-based field of science, social science, or humanities
Application Deadline Dates:
- Predoctoral: December 17, 2019 (5:00 PM EST)
- Dissertation: December 10, 2019 (5:00 PM EST)
- Postdoctoral: December 10, 2019 (5:00 PM EST)
Supplementary Materials receipt deadline for submitted applications is January 7, 2020 (5:00 PM EST).
Online application information are available on the Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs website.