The UW–Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards acknowledge and honor women of color among UW–Madison faculty, staff, students (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate) and in the Greater Madison community, who have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations
- community service
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity in U.S. society
- community building on- or off-campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all
Nominations must include the following:
- A letter of nomination (2-3 pages max)
- Two additional letters of support from the nominee’s colleagues (student, staff, faculty and/or community member) (2 -3 pages each)
- The Nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
- A recent photo of the Nominee, if available.
Please submit the online nomination form and upload materials by Friday, September 20, 2019. If you have questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection committee comprised of students, faculty and staff will review nominations for the awards.
UW–Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2019 will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held in the spring semester on Thursday, March 5, 2020, in the Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St., hosted by the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor for Diversity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer.
Go to Creating Community to see a full list of past recipients of the UW–Madison Outstanding Women of Color Award and UW–Madison past recipients of the UW System Outstanding Women of Color in Education Award.