Last week members of the CALS community gathered at the spring all-college meeting to hear updates on college planning and objectives, budget cuts, building projects, the Extension transition, the state budget process, and progress toward goals related to college structure, academics and research.
In addition, Dean VandenBosch shared her strategies for growing instruction which include:
- Fostering innovation in our pedagogy and the way we deliver educational programming (e.g. case-based learning and flipped classrooms)
- analyzing and updating programs in order to prepare students for evolving opportunities;
- increasing capacity in academic advising and other support such as career advising
- continuing to emphasize activities outside the classroom as a signature part of the CALS experience
- delivering a quality product that will attract students