The College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) has selected the 2019-20 graduate fellowship recipients. The College would like to thank the donors for making these awards possible as well as the selection committees that reviewed the nominations.
Jack & Marion Goetz established the Jack & Marion Goetz Graduate Fellowship in support of graduate research in CALS with emphasis on genetics and general environmental research at the agricultural experiment stations. The recipient of the 2019-20 award is:
- Pablo Martín González Barrios, Agronomy Graduate Degree Program (Major Professor – Lucia Gutierrez, Department of Agronomy)
The estate of Elsa Thomsen established the Louis and Elsa Thomsen Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowships to support graduate students who demonstrate excellence in research. Three fellowships will be awarded in 2019-20. The recipients include:
- Laura Alexander, Microbial Doctoral Training Program (Major Professor – Jan-Peter van Pijkeren, Department of Food Science)
- Jeremy Lange, Genetics Graduate Degree Program (Major Professor – John Pool, Department of Genetics)
- Nathan Thomas, Integrated Program in Biochemistry (Major Professor – Katherine Henzler-Wildman, Department of Biochemistry)
The Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association established the Wisconsin Potato Industry Board Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowship to support a graduate student who demonstrates excellence in research in the areas of ground water resources or potato research. The recipient of the 2019-20 award is:
- Elizabeth McNamee, Agronomy Graduate Degree Program (Major Professor – Christopher Kucharik, Department of Agronomy)
Congratulations to all of the recipients of the 2019-20 CALS fellowship awards.