It’s time for Agricultural Research Station users to sign up for the Worker Protection Standard (WPS) safety training for field pesticides. A federal regulation requires that all UW faculty, staff, students or LTEs who will be doing field research receive this training once a year.
ARS will offer training classes on the following days:
- April 30 – Room 203, Animal Science Building (1675 Observatory Drive)
- May 15 – Room 201, Dairy Cattle Center (1815 Linden Drive)
- May 23 – Room 201, Dairy Cattle Center (1815 Linden Drive)
- May 31 – Room 201, Dairy Cattle Center (1815 Linden Drive)
To register for a session, complete the registration form and submit online at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOE50zy36xKXD-8V2_W_dSwYmG2k4-t8xQ77MigNzYtwVw9g/viewform?usp=sf_link
Other key points:
- If you are a certified pesticide applicator, you are exempt from WPS training.
- If you intend to apply restricted-use pesticides, you must be certified as a pesticide applicator. WPS training is not a substitute for applicator training.
- These sessions are NOT designed for those who work in the greenhouses. For WPS greenhouse training, contact Lynn Hummel at Walnut Street Greenhouse at email@example.com.
- If you cannot attend any of the sessions, contact Jeff Breuer at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange individual training.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeff Breuer at 608-846-3761 (ext. 103) or email@example.com. For additional registration information, please contact Jane Cahoon at 608-846-3750 (ext. 3) or firstname.lastname@example.org.