CALS departments submitted their five-year plans at the end of the calendar year. These plans are part of the college’s overall planning strategy (see question #2) and are in response to the CALS Organizational Redesign Committee’s recommendations. Some departments also submitted requests for faculty funding as part of the new budget model.
In the coming weeks, Dean VandenBosch and the associate deans will review the plans in order to provide feedback to the department chairs at the annual department meetings in February and March (see below for the schedule). Departments can expect to get a summary of the deans’ feedback after their annual department meeting is complete.
Notifications on the approval or denial of funding requests will be sent by the end of spring break (March 24, 2019). In the meantime, departments should begin implementing actions outlined in their plans that are not related to faculty recruitment.
A summary of the plans will be posted in a future eCALS.
Schedule of annual department meetings with the dean’s office:
- Biochemistry: Friday, February 8, 2019
- Plant Pathology: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Animal Sciences: Friday, February 22, 2019
- Dairy Science: Friday, February 22, 2019
- Horticulture: Friday, February 22, 2019
- Life Sciences Communication: Monday, February 25, 2019
- Ag and Applied Econ: Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- Forest and Wildlife Ecology: Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- Nutritional Sciences: Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- Agronomy: Thursday, February 28, 2019
- Entomology: Thursday, February 28, 2019
- Soil Science: Thursday, February 28, 2019
- Bacteriology: Friday, March 1, 2019
- Community and Environmental Sociology: Thursday, March 7, 2019
- Genetics: Thursday, March 7, 2019
- Biological Systems Engineering: Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- Food Science: Friday, March 15, 2019