Deadline for Internal Review: December 12, 2018
The Shaw Scientist Program is intended both to advance research in the fields of biochemistry, biological sciences, and cancer, and to give encouragement, at a critical stage in their careers, to young scholar-scientists who show great promise of substantial scientific achievement at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Amount per Award: $200,000
Duration of Award: 5 Years
Number of Awards: 2 Awards
Candidates should be full time faculty members or full time research academic staff holding the equivalent of faculty positions. To be eligible, a candidate must, on the date applications are due, be not more than three years from the date of their first independent research position. Please note that independent research positions held at other institutions are counted in determining the three year eligibility window.
Associate and full professors are not eligible. Individuals may be nominated twice during their three years of eligibility, and are encouraged to apply during the last two years of eligibility.
UW–Madison is allowed to submit 4 nominations
The following link contains additional information on the program and specific application instructions: http://www.greatermilwaukeefoundation.org/donors/donor-stories/dorothy-shaw/
Internal Competition Application Instructions
To submit your application, follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
Please include the following information:
- Cover Sheet-full contact information, Dept., Appointment Date
- A Letter of Nomination from Department Chair/Center Director, highlighting the Nominee’s achievements, and the basis for selection (3 pages max)
- A description of the Nominee’s most significant research accomplishments (1 page max)
- A summary description of the Nominee’s research as an independent faculty member, and a description of research plans (6 pages max)
- A CV including a list of publications in which independent contributions and undergraduate coauthors are clearly identified. Research support should be indicated. (5 pages max)
Applications are due to The Greater Milwaukee Foundation by February 15, 2019.This entry was posted in Funding Opportunities, Research by caschneider3. Bookmark the permalink.