The UW–Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards acknowledge and honor women of color among UW–Madison faculty, staff, students (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate) and in the Greater Madison community, who have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations
- community service
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity in U.S. society
- community building on or off campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all
To nominate, prepare the following:
- A Letter of Nomination
- Two additional letters of support from the Nominee’s colleagues (student, staff, faculty and/or community member)
- The Nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
- A recent photo of the Nominee
A selection committee comprising students, faculty and staff will review the nominations.
UW–Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2018 will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held in the spring semester on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, hosted by the Office of the Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer.