The UW community is invited to attend a workshop on communication and advocacy in the agricultural sciences on Wednesday, June 20th from 1:30-5:00 p.m. at Union South. During the workshop, guest speakers will cover tips for successful communication around agricultural issues, strategies for community organizing, and ways to keep up with current legislative decisions and new policies.
Guest speakers include:
- Eric Hamilton, Science Writer with UW Communications
- Margaret Krome, Policy Program Director at the Michael Fields Agricultural Institute
- Scott Laeser, Water Program Director at Clean Wisconsin and Co-owner of Plowshares and Prairie Farm
- George Reistad, Food Policy Coordinator with the City of Madison
- Kelly Tyrell, Science Writer with UW Communications
This event is free and open to the public, funded by the Union of Concerned Scientists and in partnership with the UW-Madison Plant Sciences Graduate Students Council.
Pre-registration is required. Please register at https://goo.gl/forms/JlpNUwkNp0LzZnWl2.Events by Nicole. Bookmark the permalink.