Please see this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Cochran Fellowship Program announcement from the USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS). The Cochran Fellowship Program (Several Regions) will offer training for:
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0024 – U.S. Beef Exports; Latin America and the Caribbean Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0039 – Agriculture Extension; Latin America and the Caribbean Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0041 – U.S. Organized Retail & E-Retail; Latin America and the Caribbean Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0040 – Trade Policy; Latin America and the Caribbean Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0035 – Microscopic Analysis of Rendered Products; Latin America and the Caribbean Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0025 – Biotechnology Policy and Communication; Eastern Europe and Eurasia Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0027 – Overview of U.S. Biotechnology: Policy and Risk Communication; Africa and Middle East Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0028 – Agricultural Cooperative Development for Trainers of Agricultural Farm Institutes; Africa and Middle East Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0029 – Agricultural Biotechnology: Basic Concepts and Principles for Tutors of Agricultural Training Colleges; Africa and Middle East Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0031 – Overview of U.S. Cooperatives; Africa and Middle East Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0032 – Post-Harvest Loss Management; Africa and Middle East Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0030 – Meat and Poultry Inspection for Government Officials; Africa and Middle East Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0033 – Trade Facilitation, WTO Commitments: SPS and Trade Agreements and Evidence-Based Risk Analysis; Africa and Middle East Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0034 – U.S. Food Safety Regulations; Africa and Middle East Region
· USDA-FAS-10962-0700-10.-18-0026 – Food Safety Standards and Practices; Africa and Middle East Region
Please note the number before the training topic; the number corresponds to the NOFO opportunity number in the ezFedGrants system.
The Cochran Fellowship Program objective is to assist eligible countries to develop agricultural systems necessary to meet the food and fiber needs of their domestic populations; and strengthen and enhance trade linkages between eligible countries and agricultural interests in the United States.
The candidate selection process will be managed by the USDA and other parties as appropriate. USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) is seeking to identify U.S. universities willing to host mid-level agricultural managers from lower and middle-income countries under the Cochran Fellowship Program. These Fellows have been competitively selected based on training priorities identified by the U.S. Embassy in their country and their own qualifications.
The closing date for applications is Friday, June 29, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Direct inquiries about this program to:
Branch: USDA/FAS/TSED/Cochran Fellowship Program
Please also see individual contacts listed in the NOFO