Your WRS Annual Statement of Benefits is available in the MyUW portal

Your Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Annual Statement of Benefits, which provides information about your WRS account as of January 1, 2018, is now available in the MyUW portal. Log into the MyUW portal for UW System institutions or for UW–Madison.

After you log in, go to the Benefit Information module and click on the Statements tab. Choose “2017 ETF Annual Statement of Benefits (WRS) Issued 2018” to view or print your statement.

Understanding Your Statement

Your WRS Annual Statement of Benefits includes your 2017 earnings and service, years of creditable service as of January 1, 2018, retirement benefit projections, separation benefit, death benefit, and primary beneficiary designation(s) for your WRS account.

The Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) has many resources available to assist you in understanding your Statement of Benefits. Review and verify each section of your statement using these resources as a guide.

Reviewing Your Beneficiaries

It is important to review your WRS account primary beneficiary (ies) on your statement.  If you do not have beneficiaries listed on your statement, it may be that you do not have a beneficiary designation on file, or your designation was made before 1998 (beneficiaries added before 1998 are not listed on your statement). It is suggested that if you do not have a beneficiary designation listed on your statement that you complete a Beneficiary Designation Form.

Death benefits are always paid according to the most recent valid beneficiary designation form on file with ETF prior to an individual’s death. Your beneficiary information does not automatically change when a significant life event occurs, such as a divorce or a marriage. You may add, change or remove beneficiaries by completing a Beneficiary Designation form (ET-2320) or Beneficiary Designation-Alternate form (ET-2321).  Mail your completed beneficiary designation directly to ETF at the address listed at the top of the form.


If you have questions about your statement, contact your human resources office.