The following letter was sent to Ag Research Station users by Jeff Breuer on March 8:
This spring Agricultural Research Stations Department will once again be offering Worker Protection Standard (WPS) training for agricultural pesticides. The training location is at the Dairy Cattle Center – Room 201, 1515 Linden Dr. for these sessions:
- April 18th at 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. and 2:00 -3:00 p.m.
- April 26th at 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- May 8th at 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. and 2:00 -3:00 p.m.
Also, we will have one training date at the Arlington Agricultural Research Station on:
- May 15th at 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Federal regulation requires that all UW faculty, staff, students or LTE’s [who use ARS facilities] receive this training once a year. To register for either session, complete the registration form and submit. Once registered, please RSVP with the day you will be receiving the training.
Other key points:
* If you are a certified pesticide applicator, you are exempt from WPS training.
* If you intend to apply restricted-use pesticides, you must be certified as a pesticide applicator. WPS training is not a substitute for applicator training.
* These sessions are NOT designed for those who work in the greenhouses. For WPS greenhouse training, contact Lynn Hummel at Walnut Street Greenhouse (email@example.com)
* If you cannot attend either session, contact Jeff Breuer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange individual training.
If you have any questions, please contact me at 608-846-3761 (ext.103) or email. For additional registration information, please contact Jane Cahoon at 608-846-3750 (ext.3) or email@example.com.