The UW-Madison Office of the Provost created a website to track progress of the portions of UW Extension (UWEX) that will be moving to UW–Madison. The transition results from a Board of Regent’s decision to restructure UW System by assigning component parts of UW Colleges and Extension to other campuses. Two UWEX divisions – Cooperative Extension and the Conference Centers/Mail Services – will transfer to UW–Madison on July 1.
Seven work groups are planning for the transition to UW–Madison, focusing on information technology, facilities, communications, human resources, finance, auxiliary services and volunteer management. Each of the shared governance groups at UWEX and UW–Madison has also designated representatives to serve on an ad-hoc Madison-Extension Governance Integration committee to consider governance issues related to the restructuring.
Questions about the project can be directed to email@example.com.
Several CALS faculty and staff are serving on project committees, including:
- Carol Hillmer, associate dean for human resources, HR working group
- Bernie O’Rourke, outreach specialist, animal sciences, Madison-Extension Governance Integration Committee
- Angie Seitler, associate dean for business services, co-chair finance working group
- Bill Tracy, professor and chair, agronomy, Madison-Extension Governance Integration Committee
- Steve Venura, professor, soil science, co-chair of the Madison-Extension Governance Integration Committee
- Heidi Zoerb, associate dean for external relations and advancement, deputy chair steering committee