The UW Greenhouses and Plant Sciences Graduate Student Council invite you to join us for our next Research Plantcare Workshop, Thursday, January 18, 2018!
We’ve added a few things including hands-on demonstrations and some friendly plant care competition (with prizes!). There is no fee for this event, but you must be registered to attend. Registration opens on December 4th: space is limited so sign up right away. Register at plantcare.wisc.edu/events/2018-uw-research-plant-care-workshop/.
Session topics and instructors include:
- Intro to UW Plant Growth Facilities (Johanna Oosterwyk: DC Smith Greenhouse)
- Plant Biosecurity Training (Ingrid Jordon-Thaden: Botany Greenhouse)
- Pest ID & Management (Cara Streekstra: Botany Greenhouse)
- Media, Water and Nutrition (Lynn Hummel and Isaac Kabera: Walnut Street Greenhouse)
- Light and Temperature Control (Bjorn Karlsson and Jacob Schoville: UW Biotron)
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (includes lunch)
351 Horticulture/Moore Hall, 1575 Linden Drive