WARF is seeking graduate students and postdoctoral researchers to serve as WARF Ambassadors for the 2017-18 academic year. WARF Ambassadors help enhance the vital connection between research and tech transfer by increasing WARF’s visibility on campus.
Why become a WARF Ambassador?
- Deepen connections within your department and across campus
- Network and collaborate with faculty, students and staff
- Increase knowledge of WARF and the importance of intellectual property and tech transfer at a university
- Gain experience in leading events on campus and speaking to diverse audiences
- Discover alternative careers in science
What do Ambassadors do?
- Organize sessions across campus to discuss WARF’s technology commercialization process
- Encourage students, staff and faculty to contact WARF with new inventions and questions
- Present information about WARF at campus poster sessions
Who should apply?
Graduate students or postdocs in scientific or technical disciplines who have completed most of their coursework and are able to commit up to 10 hours per month to the program are encouraged to apply. Particularly strong applicants are energetic; effective at networking with students, faculty and staff on campus; and have an interest in the process of moving discoveries from early concept to the marketplace.
Click here to apply. Applications are due Friday, Aug. 18, 2017. The target date for interviews is Aug. 18 – Sept. 8., with mandatory training for Ambassadors taking place Sept. 18 and Sept. 20.
Visit warf.org/ambassadors for more information.This entry was posted in Student opportunities by Ben. Bookmark the permalink.