We would like to bring your attention to the open position opportunity of Associate Dean for Extension and Outreach in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. This opportunity is open to tenured faculty in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. The application deadline is Friday, June 9, 2017. [UPDATE: The deadline has been extended to July 7, 2017.]
Please review the full announcement (PVL 90434). We would like to call your attention to how this position differs from those previously held by Associate Dean John Shutske and Interim Associate Dean Jed Colquhoun.
- This position will focus on the Extension and outreach activities of CALS. The responsibilities for oversight of Cooperative Extension personnel on other campuses and in the counties, which were previously significant components of the Associate Dean position, are not included.
- This CALS-specific focus will provide more capacity for the new Associate Dean to provide leadership and vision for outreach activities, in addition to Cooperative Extension; while many of us in the college are invested in our external mission and impact, the Associate Dean will be on point for our activities addressing the “Wisconsin Idea.” We will be excited to see how the successful candidate interprets the newly defined role.
- The new associate dean will be able to maintain some faculty activities, because the administrative appointment is less than full-time (60-75% administration).
We are in the final stages of naming the Search Committee members. Doug Reinemann, Chair of the Department of Biological Systems Engineering, will serve as Search Committee Chair.
If you have specific questions about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Doug Reinemann, Dick Straub or Kate VandenBosch. If this newly configured position interests you, we welcome and encourage your application. Information regarding the application process follows.
Because this faculty opportunity is open only to CALS tenured faculty members, please take the following steps to access the announcement via the INTERNAL application process.
Go to: https://jobs.wisc.edu/
Click on the INTERNAL box.
Login using your NetID and Password.
Once you Login, the ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR EXTENSION AND OUTREACH position posting will appear in the list of opportunities.
Click on the red ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR EXTENSION AND OUTREACH text for the full announcement.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click on “APPLY NOW” which will take you through the application process. You will be asked to upload the following materials:
(1) cover letter/statement of interest,
(2) curriculum vitae,
(3) 1 other: statement of vision for role of Extension and outreach in agriculture and natural resources disciplines for the 21st century land-grant university, and
4) 2 other: contact information for three references (please include name, address, phone number, email address, and relationship).
For questions on the application process, contact Dawn Wagner in CALS Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org (608) 265-3092.
Direct all questions pertaining to the position to Richard Straub, Senior Associate Dean for the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, at email@example.com (608) 890-0225.This entry was posted in Position openings, Workplace by kaluedtk. Bookmark the permalink.