The Department of Employee Trust Funds recently discontinued its walk-in appointment service. Most members are choosing the many different convenient and easy ways to access information about their Wisconsin Retirement System benefits, instead of traveling to the agency’s office in Madison.
The change means members must schedule an appointment in order to meet with a WRS benefits specialist. This allows the benefits specialist to complete a detailed review of the member’s account in advance. Members receive personalized, confidential assistance. There is also decreased wait time for scheduled appointments.
Members can still drop off and pick up forms at the ETF office, 801 W. Badger Road in Madison.
Do you need WRS benefits information or assistance?
- Website: etf.wi.gov
- Call 1-877-533-5020 or 608-266-3285 to talk with a benefits specialist
- Face-to-face appointments
- Member education
Three types of appointments
There are three types of face-to-face appointments where members can learn about their WRS benefits, receive an explanation of their retirement estimate, WRS annuity options, the application process, and more:
- Virtual retirement appointment. This is a convenient and secure, online appointment with a benefits specialist. All you need is a computer, a telephone and an internet connection.
- Individual retirement appointment. Schedule an individual appointment to be held at ETF’s Madison office.
- Group retirement appointment. The group appointment is limited to members who have retirement estimates and are within a year of retirement. Use our interactive state map to find a group appointment in your area.
To schedule an appointment, call us at 1-877-533-5020, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST), or email.
Members can get assistance from a benefits specialist over the phone. Last year benefits specialists handled 172,092 calls from members who had questions about their WRS retirement, health and other benefits administered by ETF.
Education and Other Resources
Members can take advantage of a variety of educational offerings, including evening employee benefits seminars throughout the state, interactive webinars and eLearning. Benefit specialists conducted 171 webinars last year.
The ETF website provides convenient, 24/7 access to WRS benefits information for retirees, employees and others, forms and publications, and online benefits calculators. ETF continuously updates site content and makes navigation improvements, based on members’ feedback.This entry was posted in Human Resources, Workplace by Ben. Bookmark the permalink.