Members of the UW-Madison community are invited to take part in a series of Spring 2017 events hosted by the Division of Diversity, Equity & Educational Achievement that celebrate Black History Month.
Some events include:
- Black History Month 2017 Keynote featuring poet Nikki Giovanni, Feb. 15, in the Gordon Commons Symphony Room at 7pm. This year’s theme is “Black Joy: Getting Black to Happy, A Celebration of Resilience & Resistance at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.” All are welcome to this free event.
- Faculty of Color Reception, Thursday, Feb. 23, at Pyle Center Alumni Lounge, 702 Langdon St., 5pm–7pm. A networking celebration to recognize new and recently promoted faculty of color. Register at http://go.wisc.edu/6493b2
- Outstanding Women of Color Reception, Tuesday, March 7, at the Edgewater Hotel, 5pm-7:30pm, UW-Madison’s reception formally recognizing women who contribute to our campus and the greater Madison community. Register at http://go.wisc.edu/29db5h
- On Wisconsin Annual Spring Powwow, April 1-2, 2017, Alliant Energy Center Pavilion 2, doors open at 10:30am with Grand Entries Saturday at 1pm and 7pm, and Sunday at 1pm.
- 5th Annual National Diversity Council Women in Leadership Symposium, Thursday, April 20, Grainger Hall Plenary Room and East Atrium, 8am to noon. In partnership with the National Diversity Council, this event brings together experienced career women from the region and campus to discuss real-life challenges and share strategies for women in the contemporary world of home, work and climbing the career ladder. Register at http://go.wisc.edu/yjrpyz
- DDEEA Spring Graduation Celebration & Reception, May 12, Varsity Hall, Union South, 5pm-9pm. An annual salute to undergraduates in the programs and services of the Division of Diversity Equity & Educational Achievement. Ticket required for invited guests.
A full calendar of events can be found at www.wisc.edu/black-history/.
All events are free of charge and open to everyone!
This entry was posted in Events and tagged Events, diversity, Black History Month by email@example.com. Bookmark the permalink.