Hatch FY2017 Call for Requests Due December 5, 2016
Note: Due to limited funds, the CALS Research Division is not accepting any capital exercise requests for McIntire-Stennis projects.
The Hatch capital exercise is an opportunity to fund requests for major items used to support these research programs, per the following guidelines:
- Requested items must directly benefit Hatch project research.
- Multiple-user equipment benefiting several investigators receives priority consideration.
- Requests for standard desktop/laptop computers receive low priority.
- Equipment costing less than $5,000 will be considered, even though these items fall into the “Supplies and Expenses” category, as defined by campus.
- Projects terminating on 09/30/2017 are eligible for this exercise, but requests for such projects will require strong justification.
- New Projects beginning on 10/01/2017 (awarded in late December 2016) are not eligible for this exercise.
- At least 50% matching from a non-142 project is required for all requested items.